Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Super Strengthy Savoury Scones

Day 2 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge!

Question 2: What do you feel are your best strengths?


This challenge seems a bit like a job interview. My strengths are time management, multi-tasking and team wor....


Nahhhh, seriously? My main strength is talking. And I'm a pretty good cook. I'm also quite handy at pressing bales of wool, or at least I used to be. I'm nifty at putting doona covers in the case with a minimum of fuss as well. I'm pretty generous, and would do almost anything to help my friends and family out if they asked.

Standard on the left and savoury ones on the right

Did I mention I'm a good cook? I am currently eating the above scones that I cooked in my shiny new oven. They are delicious! I made plain ones and savoury ones. Next time I will put more bacon and spring onions and cheese in the savoury because these ones weren't bursting with flavour like the ones my mum makes.

Anyhoo, I digress, back to my strengths. I think I've just about covered them. The only other one I can think of is loyalty. It takes me a while to make friends, but once I make them I tend to hang on to them for a looooong time. Sometimes this turns out to be a weakness, but mostly it's a strength.

If you came here from Meet Me At Mike's... Welcome! I'm sorry I'm not artistic or crafty-like. After I linked to here I went back to see the other links and almost everyone is a crafty person, I am the sort of person that would LOVE to be crafty, but I have absolutely no talent in that area. Sorry! Have a look around though, you might find something that interests you that isn't crafty-like.

Everyone else, have you started your own 30 Day Blog Challenge yet? You should, and when you're done, you should leave a comment here with a link to your blog!

5 comments:

  1. I am visiting from Met me at Mikes and I have to say I like your style :-) I am one of those 'Crafty Types' but I am also Horse mad, have 2 kids and a work-a-holic husband....is that a typical Aussie??

    Those scones look delicious and I have to say I am intrigued about the pressing wool bales???

    That 30 day challenge looks interesting but I am not sure I could post for 30 days....maybe like you, it would get done eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm touched that you like my style. I spent my childhood on a sheep farm, and at shearing time it was my job to put the fleeces into the wool packs (with the help of a hydraulic wool press). I haven't done it for a long time, but I reckon it'd be like riding a bike..,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't take long for us to become friends! Then again a shared psychosis and penchant for the bizarre do make for a harmonious entry into the land of friendyfields, no? Yes. I thought so.
    Also my complete lack of social etiquette means that even if you didn't want to be friends anymore I would NEVER get the message... So, LUCKY YOU!!!
    P.S. Tell the Chyken I said HI! (really loud like that too - wouldn't want him to think I was normal or anything). Since he is now effectively your other half, he gets me as a fried too!!!!!! (how exciting )(i like parentheses) (alot) (heaps) (a WHOLE stack)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia, you are grouse.

    Is fact.

    ReplyDelete

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails