Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Year that Was 2010

Aunt Becky did this meme, and then she said I had to as well.  I don't like to argue with her.


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Lots of things! Some good and some bad.  Buried my Dad, built a house, joined Weight Watchers, started this blog!


2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them.  I'm not calling it a resolution, but in 2011 I aim to be happier and healthier.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup.  One of my bestest mates, Kells, had a beautiful baby girl and called her Ruby.  She is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen!


4. Did anyone close to you die?
Technically it happened in 2009, but I'm gonna say yes to this question.  I miss you, Dad.

5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More happiness.  More holidays.  More Money.  A new car.

6. What countries did you visit?
Just this one, the best one, Australia.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
January 4th.  Funeral.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Building the Castle. Getting help for my PTSD.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Falling off the Weight Watchers wagon towards the end of the year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder reared its ugly head again.  Chyken was hospitilised with pneumonia.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Castle.  And the new couch.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Chyken's.  Seriously, this husband of mine is amazing!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No comment.  Those who need to know, know.

14. Where did most of your money go?
On the Castle.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our Castle.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Time To Say Goodbye

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? Happier

ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner (a little bit!  Yay!!)

iii. richer or poorer? Poorer, but a homeowner!


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercising.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Dude, Meme, Christmas is over.

21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yup, with my husband, all over again.

23. How many one-night stands?
Not enough.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Escape To The Country

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a very strong word... But, no, I hated them already.  :-)

26. What was the best book you read?
I re-read The Pillars Of The Earth

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tooth Jazz!!!

28. What did you want and get?
A Castle.  And eventually, a Bertie Beetle.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Despicable Me

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to Echuca for the weekend and ate too much and went for a ride on a paddlesteamer with great friends.  I turned 33.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More cake.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Extremely similar to 2009, but with more vests.

34. What kept you sane?
My Chyken, my sister, my friends and my cat.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I find it best not to get involved in politics.

37. Who did you miss?
My Dad.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Kristen and Brian. 

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
There is always help available, you just have to ask! 

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
'Whatever gets you through the night... It's alright, it's alright'



No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails