Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bits Of My Weekend - Volume Twenty

How is it the end of February?  Seriously, where does the time go?

The Guard Cats are starting to get along.  Well, that's if 'getting along' can be described as chasing each other all over the house.  When she thinks we aren't looking Nutter is being quite lovely to Sausage, but when she catches us watching there she is hissing.  I think it is only a matter of time before she gives in and they cuddle up together like the cats of my dreams!  It gets rather cold here in the winter and Chyken and I are gone all day...

Had a super amazing day yesterday, even though nothing extremely interesting happened, it was just one of those days where everything went well.  Had a wee sleep in and then went and had my hairs cut.  Then Chyken and I headed off to the big smoke.  Saw a production of Avenue Q and almost died laughing.  More on that in another post!

Then we went and had Cold Rock Ice Cream.  Have you ever been?  Oh my, it is AMAZING.  You should go.  Now.  Sooner if possible! 

Then it was dinner time!  We went to Acland Street in St Kilda and it was busy.  Like, super busy.  Or perhaps it wasn't and I've just been living in the country too long.  In any case, we stopped at the first place that had a free table and that happened to be Grill'd Grill'd is YUMMY!  I had a chicken burger with brie.  Chyken had a very nommy looking steak sandwich type thing.

We then popped in to Luna Park.  Because they have Fairy Floss and I felt that I would need a half time snack at the show.


Luna Park Gates
 Then after standing around for what felt like hours out the front of the theatre it was show time!

Interior of the Palais Theatre
Tim Minchin vs The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.  I'm not sure my words will do it justice.  It was amazing!  Funny, offensive, note perfect and visually stunning.  Here is a small example.  Not with a full orchestra, but you'll get the idea.


It was a most enjoyable day all round really.

I have spent today in my pajamas.  Chyken is off at a conference somewhere and has promised to bring home takeaway from the Indian restaurant that was our favourite when we lived in Brunswick, but haven't had since we left (it only does takeaway and if we're eating in Melbourne we usually go somewhere with chairs!)  I've had a pretty chilled day here with the cats.  There are a million things I could be doing around the Castle, but I haven't had a weekend where I haven't worked in what feels like ages, so aside from changing the sheets on the bed I have no real plans.  In fact, I might get off the laptop now and go and do that and then I can get in the bed with a book and wait for dinner to arrive.  Bliss!

What have you been up to this weekend?  Add your link in the comments...


Today I am grateful that we live so close to Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails