Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Let's Make A Deal!

I found out today that the Nuffnag Blogopolis is going to be on in Melbourne on July 30th.    Perhaps if I went it might help me make this blog more amazing, perhaps it wouldn't, but either way I think it is going to be a fantastic day and I really, really, really, really want to go.  I want to meet all the people who I read about every day and generally soak up the fantastic-ness that is the Aussie blogging community.

But...

The tickets went on sale today and they are selling like hotcakes.  I am completely broke at the moment thanks to some surprise medical expenses.  See the problem with this scenario?

So...

Are you planning on coming to the conference?  Are you coming from out of town?  Perhaps you don't want the hassle of getting from the airport to your hotel.  Perhaps navigating Melbourne's tram infested streets all by yourself to get to Federation Square scares you half to death...  Perhaps you don't want to stay in a hotel.  Maybe you can't afford a hotel?

I have the answer!

Sponsor me for the cost of the entry ticket and I will very happily pick you up from the airport (and return you there as well) in Sir Lantralot:


You can stay in the Castle, in this very room:




You will be looked after at night by the Guard Cats and I will even leave chocolates on your pillow. 

I will also drive you to and from the Blogopolis and generally show you a good time in Melbournetown.  You might even get to meet Mister Uglyface Wagglytail.

So, who would like to take up my deal?  I can be contacted via the email address on this page, or leave me a comment. 


P.S. If you can't pay for me but you really want to go yourself and the only thing stopping you coming is that you can't afford accommodation, PLEASE get in touch with me and I'll see what I can do, I have two spare rooms and I'd love to see them used for something like this, whether I get to go or not...

7 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea. I am sure someone will take up this great offer.

    I am already in Melb and yet to buy a ticket.

    But love how people use barter and what they have to achieve their goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous idea! I would jump on it if I wasn't highly allergic to cats - I would go through the state's supply of tissues and look like I'd been punched in the face a few times.
    I'm waiting to see if I can get sponsorship - but the tickets might sell out before hand :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! Fabulous idea and I'm sure someone will take you up on it. I'm so lucky - only a train trip for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! What a fantastic idea!
    I am sure you will get heaps of offers . Hope i do see ya there it will be awesome:-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetie you are! If I thought someone would fly me over from the States again, on such short notice, I'd take you up! I sure hope you get your ticket. I think they should save you one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would absolutely love to go to the conference and am in the process of sending out my first ever sponsorship letters. fingers crossed.

    Im from WA so with flights, conference tickets and accomodation it will be a costly trip. Add to that the fact that I have never been anywhere by myself and it's kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab idea! Love this! I've ummed and aahed about going since they went on sale and have decided against it this time. Something about juggling the event and a breastfeeding eight-month-old that scares me!! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails